Eyelash Extensions are individual synthetic lashes that are attached one by one to your natural eyelashes. They require very gentle care to last long and remain in good condition.
Before Your Appointment
To prepare for your Eyelash Extension appointment, please remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with a mild, oil-free cleanser (baby shampoo works the best). It is very important that your eyes are clean and makeup free in order for your Extensions to hold.
Do not perm or tint lashes before or after lash extension application.
If you wear contacts, please remove them and wear glasses to your appointment, or bring a lens case and remove them when you arrive.
If you have sensitive eyes I would recommend using Visine prior.
I advise you to shower before your appointment, as your lashes will require a full 24 hours moisture free for the glue to set.
Plan to set aside 1 to 2 hours for your appointment.
Please give 24 hours notice for cancellation or there will be a $25 fee added to your next appointment.
Payment is accepted in cash or e-transfers and must be made at the time of service.
What should I do or not do after my Eyelash Extension application?
It is extremely important that you follow the instructions below to ensure that your Extensions last long.
1. Do not rub your eyes or lashes.
2. Do not use a regular eyelash curler, it will kink your lashes.
3. Do not pull your lash extensions, you will remove your own lash with it.
4. Do not use a sauna while wearing Eyelash Extensions. Hot steam, humidity and excessive sweating will loosen the bond of your lashes.
5. Do not use mascara. If you're using eyeliner I recommend to use a liquid liner only and of course that its NOT waterproof.
6. Do not try to remove the extensions on your own.
7. Do not cut the extensions, you may cut your own lashes and it will look blunt on the ends.
8. Keep your lashes clean! You can clean them gently using a lash cleanser or baby shampoo with water.
9. Remember to come in for touch ups every two to three weeks.
10. Do not tint or perm your lashes before or after having extensions applied.
How long do the Eyelash Extensions last?
How long they last depends on various factors such as your rate of eyelash growth, your lifestyle and general after care. When one of your natural lashes falls out, the Extension attached to it, falls out with it. Most people lose an eyelash each day. This is why touch-ups are required to keep up the look. At first you may need a refill every 2 weeks, but as you become accustomed to caring for your Extensions, the time between refills can be extended to 3 weeks. Lashes can stay on for up to 2 full months with proper care and bi-weekly maintenance.
Do the Eyelash Extensions damage my natural eyelashes?
No, not at all! The lash adhesive is formulated to create a solid bond, specifically for human lashes. The adhesive dries very soft on the lashes, allowing the lashes to stay flexible and bouncy just like your own lashes.